Sharon, Michelle and Sandra attended the NCCWN re-launch at the Ashling Hotel in Dublin on February 3rd, along with board members Melanie and Anne. Tanaiste Frances Fitzgerald, Minister for Justice & Equality, launched the NCCWN with a candle lighting ceremony symbolising the connection between the NCCWN and its 17 member projects nationwide. Along with the Tanaiste, guest speakers on the day included:
- Ann Fitzgerald (Waterford Women’s Centre) – NCCWN Chair
- Ailbhe Smyth
- Miriam Holt – National NCCWN Coordinator
- Vivienne Glanville – Ronanstown Women’s CDP
- Cathy McKeefry – Southwest Kerry Women’s Association
- Laura Denny – Participant from Blayney Blades
- Vicky Quinn – Participant from Roscommon Women’s Network
- Avril Hannifin – Participant from Ronanstown CDP / Dublin region
- Dr. Aideen Quilty – UCD
- Senator Lynn Ruane
There was a showing of Emmet Kirwan’s short film, Heartbreak, before a live performance of Tracy Ryan’s play, ‘Rise’. Finishing off this inspirational and empowering event, was live music from Laura Mulcahy and Sarah Ferrigan, including a rendition of Women’s March anthem ‘I Can’t Keep Quiet‘, during which they encouraged the attendees to sing along.
To see more images from the launch, visit our gallery page.